Ginsberg Boyd CPAs pllc, a Washington, D.C. based full service accounting firm founded in 1980, specializes in serving the needs of closely-held and emerging businesses. The firm’s clients span the entire Washington business community and include personal service organizations, associations, retailers, real estate companies and high-profile individuals. The firm’s steady growth is primarily the result of our commitment to providing high quality professional services in a personal, timely and efficient manner. A distinctive feature of Ginsberg Boyd CPAs pllc is our emphasis on tax and strategic planning, improving our client’s internal accounting controls and implementing well thought out business decisions. For more than 30 years, Ginsberg Boyd CPAs pllc has been a strategic financial partner with our clients. Excellence in information, integrity, objective insights, trustworthy advice, and value is what distinguishes Ginsberg Boyd CPAs pllc from other professionals. We are committed to diversity for our accounting and professional staff.
We provide a variety of tax, accounting and management services to our clients, including, but not limited to:
- Corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax return preparation and planning, including tax consulting and compliance, state and local tax and international tax;
- Preparation of fiduciary returns for tax exempt organizations, including private foundations;
- Annual financial accounting services, including compilation and review of financial statements, special reports and reconciliation of general ledger asset, liability and income accounts;
- Design and implementation of internal accounting systems, including system training, internal control evaluations and accounting and tax outsourcing;
- Estate administration and planning, including preparation of required regulatory accountings and formulation and implementation of wealth accumulation plans to preserve capital and the orderly transfer of assets between generations;
- Employee benefit administration, including planning, implementation and compliance;
- Representation before federal and state tax authorities;
- Business valuation and appraisal services, including valuing closely held businesses relating to buy/sell agreements, estate and gift taxation, marital settlements and succession planning;
- Financial projection, analysis and budgeting, including model design for business plans or cash flow requirements for start-up and expanding companies, real estate development and acquisition, and various contractual requirements;
- Litigation support, including forensic accounting, expert testimony, assistance in preparation for trial, business valuation, asset discovery, bankruptcy, refinancing assistance and loss and damages analysis;
- Business, financial and management consulting, including transaction structuring, due diligence, recruiting and training of accounting personnel and assistance in the implementation and design of employment and stockholders agreements; and
- Assistance with property tax returns, payroll taxes and other related matters.
DALBERT B. GINSBERG, CPA
Mr. Ginsberg, the managing member and founder of the firm, has been practicing accounting since 1976. He specializes in tax compliance and consulting, estate administration and planning, design and implementation of internal accounting and office systems, implementation and compliance of employee benefit programs, litigation support, representation before tax authorities, transaction structuring, due diligence, contract negotiations, buy/sell arrangements, state and local tax, business valuations and general business consulting. He also advises high profile individuals in tax and financial matters.
Before founding the firm, Mr. Ginsberg was associated with a national accounting firm in their audit department. His responsibilities included supervising and planning audit and review engagements for major wholesale, retail and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Ginsberg is a member of several local business and charitable organizations, including serving as the Chair of the Washington Tennis and Education Foundation and as a Director of the Washington Estate Planning Council. Mr. Ginsberg has been recognized by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the top tax accountants in the Washington metropolitan area.
Mr. Ginsberg holds a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in accounting from the University of Maryland, College of Business and Management. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants.
SCOTT C. BOYD, CPA, CVA
Mr. Boyd, a member of the firm, has broad experience that includes design and implementation of accounting systems, evaluating internal controls, estate planning and administration, and preparation of income tax and compliance filings for businesses, non-profits, trusts, and individuals.
A conservation-minded outdoorsman, Mr. Boyd led the conversion of the firm to an environmentally friendly paperless operation, which also created business efficiencies. Scott is responsible for mentoring and training the staff accountants and developing collaborative relationships with clients.
Before joining the firm, Scott helped to manage and grow a suburban Philadelphia accounting practice. There he supervised and planned client engagements, prepared financial statements and forecasts, conducted tax planning, prepared income and estate tax returns and advised entrepreneurs on business start-ups.
Mr. Boyd holds a bachelor of science in accounting from the University of Delaware, College of Business & Economics. He has practiced public accounting since 1994 and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Greater Washington Society of CPAs and Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council.